Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Hints & Tips

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to travelling-but I have done my fair share of it in my life. 

Here are a few of my tips specifically for VA Beach/DC.

Virginia Beach

1. Pack plenty of sunscreen.

source


Seems obvious, doesn't it? Tell that to my sunburnt self..and the burnt husband of mine sitting next to me on day 2 of our vacation. We even brought some..but we were only on the beach for an hour or so and we were freezing so we just didn't think about it. 

2. Bring a cooler to the beach with you. 

source


Ours were full of easy snacks (peanut butter crackers, pretzels, etc), water, and adult beverages (not in glass bottles though). 

3. Bring plenty of change. 

source


A lot of the parking lots are metered. Plus there are toll roads. 

4. See Neptune's statue. 



It's off 31st street on the Boardwalk. It's pretty spectacular!


5. Be prepared to see a lot of creatures in the ocean.

source


Jon says it's because of the Bay, but we saw small crabs and other various creatures on the daily. Hence why I didn't venture into the water much. No thanks..I'll just stay in the sand..ya know..where something bit me..but that's another story. 


Washington, DC

1. The metro really isn't that bad.

source


I was scared to death. Like I thought I was going to get eaten ALIVE. Psh. For no reason-it was super easy to navigate. 

2. Bring a bottle for water-especially if you go when it's warm out. 

source


There are water fountains all over DC, so you can just fill up as you go. We did this and it was awesome.

3.You're walking a lot..A LOT...be mindful of what you eat.

source

Salads all the way! Fruits, veggies, protein. That hot dog on the first day? So not a good idea!

4. Did I mention you're walking a lot? Wear comfy shoes.

source



5. Soak up all the history. 



Jon and I were at the Lincoln Memorial looking out towards the Washington Memorial. I look down and realize I was standing exactly where Martin Luther King, Jr stood when he gave his "I Have a Dream" speech. I can't even. Chills.


Now that we are back from this vacation-we're going to start planning our little anniversary getaway. This one is MUCH closer and MUCH shorter-but we are both so excited for it! 

I'll blog about how we plan and organize our trips so you can get a feel for how we do this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment