Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

8 Month Blogging Hiatus

Prior to TBF, I blogged for the better part of 5+ years through our engagement, wedding, first 4 years of marriage, and into our adventure into parenthood. I liked it okay-but for some reason I just couldn't stick with it.

I think a lot of it was self induced pressure on myself. I wasn't sure what "type" of blog I wanted my little blog to be. Did I want to be a life style blogger? DIY blogger? Home decor/Organizing blogger?

It seemed like a lot of blogs I followed had a "theme" whereas my blog tended to bounce around from topic to topic. But once Cooper came, I turned into a mommy blogger. In fact, if I didn't have anything to write about that pertained to him (and I could go on about that kid for days I tell you!), then I just didn't write. And I kind of lost my desire to blog.

I found myself in this blogging rut that I just could not get past. So I took a step back. A long step back. I thought about divulging back into my prior blog but I couldn't make myself do it.

I just wanted a clean, fresh start.

While Coop was napping today, I found myself itching to blog. I haven't had that itch for well over a year now.

As I was sitting on the couch watching Being Farrah (Hi, trainwreck.), the name "The Beyer Files" stuck in my head. And I got super excited.

I immediately logged onto Blogger to make sure no one had that URL already. (Like our last name is super common and all.)

And then this little Blog was born about an hour later.

I'm not going to tell you that it this is a "mommy blog". It's not. Nor is it an "organizing blog". Nor a "DIY blog". It's just...mine. It's my blog.

There will definitely be some organizing posts...as well as cooking, DIY, travel, and of course mommy posts.

But as someone who goes a hundred million different directions at all times, this blog will do the same.

Hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment