Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Luke...er...Labor Day weekend recap!

Short work weeks make me happy!! It means more time I get to spend with my guys..and I relish in that time!

So...this weekend was Luke weekend and I'll tell ya...it started out...rouuuuuuuuuugh.

Ya see..I posted about my cousin and I going to the concert Friday night and Jon and I were supposed to go Saturday night. 

I went to sleep around 10 on Thursday night to prep myself for the long weekend of little sleep. Jon woke me up to go to bed at around 11:00 and I just happened to check my phone and saw I had a text message from my cousin that she was in the ER because she thought she broke her foot/ankle.

Thankfully she didn't break it...she sprained it really bad but she didn't break it! Since she couldn't put any weight on it, she couldn't go on Friday night. (We had tickets in the lawn...standing on a hill for hours would not be the best idea.)

So at 6:30 in the morning, Jon became my concert partner for the night. I was bummed my cousin couldn't go, but I was excited Jon could go with me. Talk about a crazy day though--I left work at 3, came home, changed clothes, and took care of Reg. Then Jon came home and we left at 4:30.

We hit traffic the entire way up there and a normal 1 hour drive took almost two hours. We got in right at 6:30 and the concert started at 7. Close call! The concert was great!! And I was on cloud nine because I was there with the best guy in the world!! (I'll get to this statement in a minute...there's a story there.)

Not bad seats for only getting there 30 minutes before the show.

<3<3
After the show we sat in the parking lot for an hour without even moving. Finally started the trek home when we realized..oh yeah..we were in such a hurry to get to the concert that we hadn't eaten anything since lunch! Yyyeah...so we swung by Wendy's and ordered food at 12:30, went home, and passed out. 

Saturday we slept in until 9 (Dream big!) and then I started for round two.

Yeah..I...started. Why just me and not both Jon and I? 

I'm going to take you back to Friday around 4:30. Jon and I were getting in the car to go to the concert and he said,"I'm just going to run this by you...you don't have to do it..but I think you would really like it.." I said, "Okay.." He said,"Since we have pavillion seats for Saturday night..why don't you and Katie go tomorrow night since we are going tonight?" I asked him a million times if he was serious and if he was sure. He reassured me that he was absolutely sure.

He is the sweetest, most thoughtful guy I know! I totally cried when he said this because he knows how much Katie and I love going to concerts together and the fact that he thought of my cousin's health was so sweet! *swoooon*

Sooooooooo....Saturday I picked Katie up and we headed up to Olive Garden for a pre concert carb fest!

We got to the concert and had a BLAST!! Plenty of people watching and booty shaking was done!
 
Delicious!!

Favorite Cousins<3<3
As far as the concert goes--well..Cole KILLED it. Seriously..he is SO good!!!! Lee Brice, however, I was not a huge fan. Jon and I saw him live a few years ago and we really liked him, so I had high hopes. But man...he randomly screamed words...for example, "...be stockin up cold BUD LIGHTS for poker every Tuesday night.." Dude, you're singing a love song. Stop it. Just stop.

And Luke...oh....Luke. KILLED IT x ten! He did, actually, fall off the stage Saturday night. True story. We were watching him then all of a sudden boom..he wasn't there. And we hear, "HOLD UP HOLD HOLD UP HOLD UP. Well..add another stage to my list..and who grabbed my ass?!" hahahaha

Sunday, I went to the grocery store and relaxed with the boys. So needed!!

And look what's in our pantry now:





Signs that fall is coming!!


Have a great week!!! 
(& keep your fingers crossed that we are able to watch the Colts game Sunday night--our local NBC station is fighting with DirectTV right now...PERFECT TIMING. Last year 30 minutes before kick off our cable went completely out because Comcast scheduled an update..so we cancelled them and went to DirectTV..the football gods don't want us to watch the first day of football CLEARLY!)





0 comments:

Post a Comment